Explore the dark night skies inside Grand Teton National Park with an experienced stargazing guide! We excel at making the often difficult to understand concepts of astronomy accessible to everyone. You’ll leave our programs with a new understanding of the Universe and a sense of how you are connected to everything in the Cosmos.
OUR TELESCOPES and ELEVATION
Wyoming Stargazing uses truss-mounted Dobsonian telescopes with 20” primary mirrors. These huge telescopes work as powerful light collectors, allowing you to see incredible details on the Moon and planets, as well as distant galaxies that are millions of light years away!
The high elevation in Jackson Hole (6,500ft on the valley floor where you stargaze) means that you’re looking through much less atmosphere than at sea level. That makes the night sky that much clearer! Also, Jackson Hole, the valley where the town of Jackson resides, is mostly protected, undeveloped public land. That means there is relatively little light pollution, allowing you to see thousands of stars on moonless nights, the arms of the Milky Galaxy and so much more!
- Hotel pick-ups from 7:30pm-9:30pm depending on the season
- 30-45 minutes to/from your lodging to the darkest location possible inside Grand Teton National Park.
- 15-30 min. for telescope set up/take down
- 2 full hours of telescope time shared with your group (longer on small or private groups)
- Return to your lodging at approximately 1 am.
- Round-trip transportation to/from lodging when staying in Jackson
- Round-trip transportation from anywhere in the Valley on private tours.
- Camping chairs and blankets to sit back and enjoy the night sky
- Use of an iPad with the StarWalk app to explore the sky
- Individualized attention from your stargazing leader
- Plenty of time spent looking through our high-powered large telescopes
PROGRAMS and PRICING:
Stargazing with Dr. Sam
Stargaze with our Founder and Executive Director Samuel Singer, PhD
$1000 for 1 person; $500 per person for 2-13 people (ages 6 and under are free)
Offered Year-Round on select nights only. Pick-ups anywhere in the valley of Jackson Hole
Private Stargazing Programs
Just for you and your family and friends
$500 for 1 person; $250 per person for 2-13 people (ages 6 and under are free)
Offered Year-Round with pick-ups anywhere in the valley of Jackson Hole
Multi-Group Stargazing Programs
Combines multiple families together on the same program
$175 per person for adults and children of all ages
up to 9 people per party with a 3 person min and 13 person max on each program
Offered May-October Only with pick-ups ONLY within the town of Jackson
Private Night Photography
Night photography instruction from award-winning and professional nature photographer, Mike Cavaroc
$950 for up to 4 people
Offered Year Round, excluding Thursdays and Fridays with pick-ups anywhere in the valley of Jackson Hole
Want the Memory to Last Forever?
Add the Night Sky Photo Package to your program for only $125 and leave with more than just extraordinary memories!
We’ll bring our special DSLR camera to take a series of photographs of the night sky as well as of you with our telescopes and the Milky Way.
CANCELLATIONS: All multi-group programs have a 72 hour cancellation policy; private programs 14 days. All programs are subject to a 20% JH Concierge cancellation fee, regardless of when cancellation occurs. Should you experience inclement weather on the evening of your program which causes it to be cancelled, you will receive a full refund or choose to reschedule for another evening during your stay (subject to availability).