HORSEBACK RIDING – there are several options for horseback riding, none of which provide hotel transportation. Therefore, you would need your own transportation for all with the exception of Option 1 which is accessible via the town Start Bus for $3 one way. Please note that all stables, with the exception of rides inside Grand Teton National Park, are CLOSED ON SUNDAY.
All rides are on the property of the historic Snake River Ranch in Jackson, Wyoming, with stunning views of the Snake River Valley. Minimum riding age of 6 years old for a 1 hour ride, and 7 years old for a 2 hour ride. 72 hour cancellation policy. You can take the Start Bus to this location for $3 one way per person. Open June 1, 2023 through September, 2023. Closed on Sunday.
- 1 hour ride = $65 per person (depart on the hour 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Minimum 6 years of age)
- 2 hour ride = $100 per person (depart every even hour at 8 a.m. with last ride departing at 4 p.m. Minimum 7 years of age)
Parent lead pony rides (ages 6 and under) $30 per horse for a 30-minute ride. Parent must stay with child the entire ride.
72 hour cancellation policy. All tours are subject to a 20% JH Concierge cancellation fee, even in the event of a Covid shutdown or illness.
As you ride from the Ranch into the Bridger Teton National Forest, you will climb 2000 vertical feet and have views of the Hoback area, Snake River Canon Area and the Teton Range. This has been rated the #1 two hour trail ride in the US! Located 15 minutes south of Jackson. There is a maximum weight limit of 230 lbs. on 2-hour rides and 220 lbs. on 4-hour and full day rides, that is strictly enforced. Backpacks, shorts/cut-offs, flip-flops and selfie-sticks are not permitted to be worn or used. Open May 15, 2023 until September 24, 2023 (weather permitting), closed on Sunday. All ride prices will increase by $20 per person beginning September 1, 2023. 18% gratuity added to all parties of 6 or more. Minimum age is 7 years old, 47 inches tall. NO CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED.
- 2 hour ride = $125 per person (9:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. departures; 230 lbs. weight limit)
- 2 hour ride with lunch = $155 per person
- 2 hour ride with steak or salmon dinner = $165 per person (4:30 p.m. departure, 230 lbs. weight limit) Dinner rides available through August 31st, 2023. All ride prices will increase by $20 per person beginning September 1, 2023.
- 4 hour ride = $240 per person (9:00 a.m. departure, 220 lbs. weight limit)
- 4 hour ride with lunch = $270 per person
- 4 hour ride with steak or salmon dinner = $280 per person (2 pm departure, 220 lbs. weight limit) Dinner rides available through August 31st, 2023. All ride prices will increase by $20 per person beginning September 1, 2023. No 4 hour rides after September 15, 2023.
- Full Day Ride with lunch = $390 per person Full day rides being July 1, 2023
- Full Day with lunch and dinner = $430 per person
- Full day ride with lunch and fishing = $600 per person
- Full day ride with fishing, lunch and dinner = $640 per person
All full day rides with lunch/dinner end September 10, 2023. All ride prices will increase by $20 per person beginning September 1, 2023
If you don’t want to ride and just want to enjoy dinner and music in the barn, the price is $62.50 per person. Dinner available through August 31st, 2023.
This ranch has a NO CANCELLATION policy. If you cancel, for any reason, NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN. If ranch cancels for any reason, a full refund will be given. All cancellations are subject to a 20% JH Concierge cancellation fee, even in the event of a Covid shutdown or illness.
Horseback rides 100% in the Bridger-Teton Forest and Wilderness in the Horse Creek and Willow Creek Drainage Area. You can expect to see the Teton Mountain Range, Gros Ventre Wildness Mountain Range, the Snake River and various types of wildlife and flowers. While on the ride, guests learn about the history of the area, names of the different mountain ranges and about various wildlife and plants in the area. Located 35 minutes south of Jackson, this ride offers AMAZING views you can’t experience with any other ride in Jackson.
265 lbs. weight limit on all rides and 8+ years of age. Open May 25, 2023 thru September 1, 2023 – CLOSED SUNDAY.
- 2 hour breakfast ride = $235 per person (departs at 8 am)
- 2 hour Bryan’s Flat View ride = $235 per person (departs at 2:30 pm Monday, Wednesday and Fridays only)
- 2.5 hour Teton View lunch ride = $295 per person (departs at 11 am)
- Half day ride with lunch = $395 per person (departs at 10 am return around 2:30 pm) – VIP Private ride $695 per person
- Full day wilderness ride with lunch = $895 per person (departs 8 am)
- Full day ride with fishing = $895 per person (departs 8 am – includes lunch and fishing gear)
TRAIL RIDES INSIDE GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK
No trip to the Old West is complete without a horseback ride through Grand Teton National Park! We offer 1 and 2 hour horseback rides departing from Jackson Lake Lodge and Colter Bay Village, and 1 hour rides departing from Headwaters at Flagg Ranch (see descriptions below). Beginners are welcome! Take in the beautiful vistas while riding among wildflower meadows and pristine lakes under the towering Teton peaks. Our wranglers will guide you along the trails while providing insight into the area’s history, wildlife and flora. Beginning late May to September, dates/times vary by location.
- 1 hour ride $80 per person + tax
- 2 hour ride $110 per person + tax
- Private rides available (minimum purchase of 6 spots)
Activity options and availability are subject to change. Guide gratuity is not included in the price.
Horseback Rider Requirements
- Riders must be 8 years old and at least 4 feet tall.
- Riders under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Riders must weigh no more than 225 pounds.
- Riders must wear shoes that are closed-toed and cover the entire foot. Guest wearing sandals will not be permitted to ride.
- Rider information (height, weight, age and experience level) for each participant is required at the time of booking. Please have this information ready.
- For safety reasons, riders must speak and understand English fluently.
- For rider safety, backpacks, binoculars, and video cameras are not permitted. Saddlebags are provided for small items.
- Horseback rides are not handicap accessible, but many of our other activities are.
Jackson Lake Lodge 2-Hour Horseback Ride
Our two-hour ride crosses The Willows, climbs to Emma Matilda Lake, and provides panoramic views of both the winding Snake River and the majestic Teton Range. Two-hour rides scheduled daily with departures at 9 am or 9:30 am from May 25, 2023 to October 1, 2023. Maximum of 6 guests per ride with a 2 child maximum for children ages 8 to 12.
Jackson Lake Lodge 1-Hour Horseback Ride
If this is your first time on horseback or your day is full of adventure, consider a short one-hour ride. One-hour rides scheduled daily at 1:45 pm or 2:15 pm from May 25, 2023 to October 1, 2023. Maximum of 6 guests per ride with a 2 child maximum for children ages 8 to 12.
Colter Bay Village 2-Hour Horseback Ride
This two-hour ride provides opportunities for viewing the stunning Grand Teton Mountain Range, and travels past Heron Pond and Swan Lake, winds through lodgepole pine forests, and ends in a meadow with iconic views, ideal for pictures. Two-hour rides scheduled daily at 8:30 am or 1:00 pm from June 1, 2023 to September 4, 2023. Maximum of 12 guests per ride with a 4 child maximum for children ages 8 to 13.
Colter Bay Village 1-Hour Horseback Ride
This shorter one-hour ride from Colter Bay includes scenic views of the Teton Range, Swan Lake, Heron Pond, pine forests, and wildflower meadows. One-hour rides scheduled daily at 9:00 am or 1:30 pm from June 1, 2023 to September 4, 2023. Maximum of 12 guests per ride with a 4 child maximum for children ages 8 to 13.
Headwaters 1-Hour Horseback Ride
Enjoy a one-hour horseback ride through scenic woodlands, past mountain views, and along river overlooks in the John D. Rockefeller Memorial Parkway. Open June through August. Beginners are welcome. Rides depart at 9:45 AM, 12:30 PM, and 3:00 PM daily. Restrictions apply.
72 hour cancellation policy. All tours are subject to a 20% cancellation fee, regardless of when cancellation occurs and even in the event of a Covid shutdown or illness.