HORSEBACK RIDING – there are several options for horseback riding, none of which provide hotel transportation. Therefore, you would need your own transportation for all with the exception of Option 1 which is accessible via the town Start Bus for $3 one way. Please note that all stables, with the exception of rides inside Grand Teton National Park, are CLOSED ON SUNDAY.
All rides are on the property of the historic Snake River Ranch in Jackson, Wyoming, with stunning views of the Snake River Valley. Minimum riding age of 6 years old for a 1 hour ride, and 7 years old for a 2 hour ride. 72 hour cancellation policy. You can take the Start Bus to this location for $3 one way per person.
Open May 15, 2023 (weather permitting) through September, 2023. Closed on Sunday.
- 1 hour ride = $65 per person (depart on the hour 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Minimum 6 years of age)
- 2 hour ride = $105 per person (depart every even hour at 8 a.m. with last ride departing at 4 p.m. Minimum 7 years of age)
Parent lead pony rides (ages 6 and under) $30 per horse for a 30-minute ride. Parent must stay with child the entire ride.
72 hour cancellation policy. All tours are subject to a 20% JH Concierge cancellation fee, regardless of when cancellation occurs.
As you ride from the Ranch into the Bridger Teton National Forest, you will climb 2000 vertical feet and have views of the Hoback area, Snake River Canon Area and the Teton Range. This has been rated the #1 two hour trail ride in the US! Located 15 minutes south of Jackson. There is a maximum weight limit of 230 lbs. on 2-hour rides and 220 lbs. on 4-hour and full day rides, that is strictly enforced. Backpacks, shorts/cut-offs, flip-flops and selfie-sticks are not permitted to be worn or used. Open May 15, 2023 until September 24, 2023 (weather permitting), closed on Sunday. All ride prices will increase by $20 per person beginning September 1, 2023. 18% gratuity added to all parties of 6 or more. Minimum age is 7 years old, 47 inches tall.
NO CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 2 hour ride = $145 per person (9:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. departures; 230 lbs. weight limit STRICTLY ENFORCED)
- 2 hour ride with lunch = $175 per person
- 2 hour ride with Chancy’s T-bone steak dinner (salmon, chicken or pasta available upon request) = $185 per person (4:00 p.m. departure, 230 lbs. weight limit) Dinner rides available through August 31st, 2023. All ride prices will increase by $20 per person beginning September 1, 2023.
- 4 hour ride = $260 per person (9:00 a.m. departure, 220 lbs. weight limit STRICTLY ENFORCED)
- 4 hour ride with lunch = $290 per person
- 4 hour ride with Chancy’s T-bone steak dinner (salmon, chicken or pasta available upon request) = $300 per person (2 pm departure, 220 lbs. weight limit) Dinner rides available through August 31st, 2023. All ride prices will increase by $20 per person beginning September 1, 2023. No 4 hour rides after September 15, 2023.
- Full Day Ride with lunch = $410 per person Full day rides being July 1, 2023
- Full Day with lunch and dinner = $450 per person
- Full day ride with lunch and fishing = $620 per person
- Full day ride with fishing, lunch and dinner = $660 per person
All full day rides with lunch/dinner end September 10, 2023. All ride prices will increase by $20 per person beginning September 1, 2023
If you don’t want to ride and just want to enjoy dinner and music in the barn, the price is $62.50 per person. Dinner available through August 31st, 2023.
This ranch has a NO CANCELLATION policy. If you cancel, for any reason, NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN. If ranch cancels for any reason, a full refund will be given. All cancellations are subject to a 20% JH Concierge cancellation fee regardless of when cancellation occurs.
✨ Concierges Choice!
Looking for the ultimate trail ride, off the beaten path with amazing scenery? Look no further! All rides at this ranch are 100% in the Bridger-Teton Forest and Wilderness in the Horse Creek and Willow Creek Drainage Area. You can expect to see the Teton Mountain Range, Gros Ventre Wildness Mountain Range, the Snake River and various types of wildlife and wildflowers. While on the ride, guests learn about the history of the area, names of the different mountain ranges and about various wildlife and plants in the area. Located just 35 minutes south of Jackson, this ride offers AMAZING views you can’t experience with any other ride in Jackson. Enjoy a breakfast or lunch ride, mountainside, at your private location in the forest. Special occasion? Book a custom VIP ride, that includes your own professional photographer, for an experience you’ll never forget.
265 lbs. weight limit on all rides and 8+ years of age. Open May 25, 2023 thru September 13, 2023 – CLOSED SUNDAY.
- 2 hour breakfast ride = $235 per person (departs at 8 am)
- 2 hour Bryan’s Flat View ride = $235 per person (departs at 2:30 pm Monday, Wednesday and Fridays only)
- 2.5 hour Teton View lunch ride = $295 per person (departs at 11 am)
- Half day ride with lunch = $395 per person (departs at 10 am return around 2:30 pm) – VIP Private ride $695 per person
- Full day wilderness ride with lunch = $895 per person (departs 8 am)
- Full day ride with fishing = $895 per person (departs 8 am – includes lunch and fishing gear)
Located 19 miles southwest of Jackson Hole in the Snake River Mountain Range, the drive to the camp takes you far from the beaten path and into a remote, peaceful, backcountry location offering valleys, ridges, water crossings and abundant wildlife. The jaw-dropping views of the majestic Tetons this ride offers can only be described by witnessing them yourself.
Group sizes range from 2 to 8 riders as we cater to smaller groups to give each guest a personalized horseback riding experience that becomes an unforgettable and cherished memory. We regularly see Elk, Mule Deer, Moose, Red Tail Hawks and Bald Eagles along the trails, stopping to soak in these magical moments and take pictures. First rides go out at 9 am with the last ride of the day returning by 5 pm. Open through September 27, 2023, weather permitting.
- 1 hour Creek Crossing Ride – $95 per person
Ages 6 and up (285lbs. weight limit)
Come enjoy the unbeatable scenery on a 1-hour horseback ride. This 1-hour ride gives you the opportunity to ride and splash through Fall Creek as you take in the breath-taking views of the drainage and surrounding mountains. If you want to take in the backcountry experience without spending a lot of time on a horse this is the ride for you. This is the perfect ride for inexperienced riders or if you’re an experienced rider you will still enjoy the sights and peaceful solitude of this ride. Riders must be age 6+
- 2 hour Explorer Ride – $175 per person
Ages 8 and up (265lbs. weight limit)
The two-hour Explorer Ride begins at our base camp and takes you up the North Fork drainage giving you the opportunity to ride across the North Fork creek crossing as you explore the Fall Creek drainage and take in the scenery of fields of wildflowers, lush willow bottoms, meadows, and towering stands of large pines trees. This ride is a great ride for anyone from inexperienced rider to intermediate or even an advanced rider will have an unforgettable horse-riding experience. Ages 8+.
- 2 1/2 hour Signature Teton Views Ride – $225 per person
Ages 8 and up (265lbs. weight limit)
The two and half-hour Teton View Experience ride takes you to the top of a mountain where you will have one-of-a-kind views of the Teton Mountains towering to the north. This is an up-close breath-taking view of the Tetons, and you will also be able to look over the Snake River Valley and even see a bird’s eye view of the town of Jackson. This view is unbeatable, and words can’t describe nor do it justice. This ride is best for intermediate to experienced riders. Ages 8+.
- ½ day Teton Ride with lunch (3.5 hours) – $325 per person
Ages 8 and up (265lbs. weight limit)
The 1/2 Day ride takes you to the top of a mountain where you will have one-of-a-kind views of the Teton Mountains towering to the north. This is an up-close breath-taking view of the Tetons while looking over the Snake River Valley and even see a bird’s eye view of the town of Jackson. We take you to the top of the ridge and have a nice picnic style lunch with a 360 view. Words cannot describe the beauty of the once in a lifetime ride. This ride is best for intermediate to experienced riders. Ages 8+.
- Full Day Rendezvous Ride with lunch (6.5 hours) – $525 per person
Ages 10 and up (265lbs. weight limit)
The ride takes you to the top of a mountain where you will have one-of-a-kind views of the Teton Mountains towering to the north. This is an up-close breath-taking view of the Tetons, and you will also be able to look over the Snake River Valley and even see a bird’s eye view of the town of Jackson. We take you to the top of the ridge and have a nice picnic style lunch with a 360 view – the views are simply majestic! This ride is best for intermediate to experienced riders. Ages 10+.
TRAIL RIDES INSIDE GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK
No trip to the Old West is complete without a horseback ride through Grand Teton National Park! We offer 1 and 2 hour horseback rides departing from Jackson Lake Lodge and Colter Bay Village, and 1 hour rides departing from Headwaters at Flagg Ranch (see descriptions below). Beginners are welcome! Take in the beautiful vistas while riding among wildflower meadows and pristine lakes under the towering Teton peaks. Our wranglers will guide you along the trails while providing insight into the area’s history, wildlife and flora. Beginning late May to September, dates/times vary by location.
- 1 hour ride $80 per person + tax
- 2 hour ride $110 per person + tax
- Private rides available (minimum purchase of 6 spots)
Activity options and availability are subject to change. Guide gratuity is not included in the price.
Horseback Rider Requirements
- Riders must be 8 years old and at least 4 feet tall.
- Riders under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Riders must weigh no more than 225 pounds.
- Riders must wear shoes that are closed-toed and cover the entire foot. Guest wearing sandals will not be permitted to ride.
- Rider information (height, weight, age and experience level) for each participant is required at the time of booking. Please have this information ready.
- For safety reasons, riders must speak and understand English fluently.
- For rider safety, backpacks, binoculars, and video cameras are not permitted. Saddlebags are provided for small items.
- Horseback rides are not handicap accessible, but many of our other activities are.
Jackson Lake Lodge 2-Hour Horseback Ride
Our two-hour ride crosses The Willows, climbs to Emma Matilda Lake, and provides panoramic views of both the winding Snake River and the majestic Teton Range. Two-hour rides scheduled daily with departures at 9 am or 9:30 am from May 25, 2023 to October 1, 2023. Maximum of 6 guests per ride with a 2 child maximum for children ages 8 to 12.
Jackson Lake Lodge 1-Hour Horseback Ride
If this is your first time on horseback or your day is full of adventure, consider a short one-hour ride. One-hour rides scheduled daily at 1:45 pm or 2:15 pm from May 25, 2023 to October 1, 2023. Maximum of 6 guests per ride with a 2 child maximum for children ages 8 to 12.
Colter Bay Village 2-Hour Horseback Ride
This two-hour ride provides opportunities for viewing the stunning Grand Teton Mountain Range, and travels past Heron Pond and Swan Lake, winds through lodgepole pine forests, and ends in a meadow with iconic views, ideal for pictures. Two-hour rides scheduled daily at 8:30 am or 1:00 pm from June 1, 2023 to September 4, 2023. Maximum of 12 guests per ride with a 4 child maximum for children ages 8 to 13.
Colter Bay Village 1-Hour Horseback Ride
This shorter one-hour ride from Colter Bay includes scenic views of the Teton Range, Swan Lake, Heron Pond, pine forests, and wildflower meadows. One-hour rides scheduled daily at 9:00 am or 1:30 pm from June 1, 2023 to September 4, 2023. Maximum of 12 guests per ride with a 4 child maximum for children ages 8 to 13.
Headwaters 1-Hour Horseback Ride
Enjoy a one-hour horseback ride through scenic woodlands, past mountain views, and along river overlooks in the John D. Rockefeller Memorial Parkway. Open June through August. Beginners are welcome. Rides depart at 9:45 AM, 12:30 PM, and 3:00 PM daily. Restrictions apply.
72 hour cancellation policy. All tours are subject to a 20% cancellation fee, regardless of when cancellation occurs.